PDA

View Full Version : COUCHES IN DC(THE MEET)!

billyevryteen123
09-14-2008, 06:07 PM
Said i would start one for the dc area, anyone in virginia, maryland, delware, west virginia, or any where they want to. Lets see if we can set something up for a little fiesta, and get out from behind seperate screens and COMBINE BEHIND ONE BIG ONE!

Anthal
09-14-2008, 10:02 PM
I'm down whenever. Give me a place and date, preferably weekends.

09-15-2008, 08:30 AM
enough notice and I could fly in to BWI, gotta love southwest... it like 100$ round trip. but I would need a place to crash..... just a couch..... just a couch.
-Than

billyevryteen123
09-15-2008, 01:00 PM
hmmmmmmmmm, Dulles is alot closer than bwi, like alot closer to where I know where anthal, hypno, and I am when Im not at school. You should check to see if the southwest flights go into dulles! But back to business, I don't think my parents would be too big on having people who I meet playing video games just kinda crashing at my house, plus im 19 so they probably would have a problem with me ummm "celebrating" in their house with said people. So no dice on mi casa, but i know there are other people out there!

Gravy!!?
09-19-2008, 02:17 PM
BOOO im in illinios come close to the midwest >:O

bard329
09-20-2008, 03:53 AM
I'm down whenever. Give me a place and date, preferably weekends.

I know better than to say this... but if you guys do have a D.C. meet... don't do it like the zoo and show up hung over (or still drunk) still wearing your work shirt, broken toes and odd bloodstains. Try to make a good impression.

BTW, Valerie says thats a nice shirt. :lmao:

Psychpants
09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm up for it as long as it's over, like, Winter break. I mean, thanksgiving could be doable, but I somewhat doubt I'll be able to (short break and probably will be spending it with family in Richmond). Otherwise I'm all for it.

Oh and my place is out of the question cause it's my parents apartment and it's already cramped with 4 people.

billyevryteen123
09-21-2008, 03:25 AM
well, it looks like we are pulling in some good interest for this. Im voting we meet up some time over thanksgiving breakishly, maybe at a resaraunt or something just to meet up and have a bigger even like thing over winter break to get more people. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Hypnotoad
09-23-2008, 06:08 PM
hmmmmmmmmm, Dulles is alot closer than bwi, like alot closer to where I know where anthal, hypno, and I am when Im not at school. You should check to see if the southwest flights go into dulles! But back to business, I don't think my parents would be too big on having people who I meet playing video games just kinda crashing at my house, plus im 19 so they probably would have a problem with me ummm "celebrating" in their house with said people. So no dice on mi casa, but i know there are other people out there!

I'm about 20 mins away from Dulles and have a 3.5 bath/4 br house with at least 2 couches that're crashworthy and a spare bed to boot. Let me know when you want to get together and I'll be glad to join in the fun. :D

billyevryteen123
09-23-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm about 20 mins away from Dulles and have a 3.5 bath/4 br house with at least 2 couches that're crashworthy and a spare bed to boot. Let me know when you want to get together and I'll be glad to join in the fun. :D

Woooooooo! I smell something involving rockband or guitar hero brewing into this. A BATTLE OF THE EAST COAST VS MIDDLEISH (mid west?) WHERE EVER THE FUCK HEVYD IS!

Nick Mangiaracina
09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Yeah, chi-caaaah-go

FlyingAlbino
09-29-2008, 02:53 AM
I'll respond to a DC meet, and I'll bring Lunar with me, too. Coming up from North Cackalacky, I'm not averse to picking some of you schmucks up along the way if you can't get a ride. (Caveat: You will have to listen to deafening levels of techno. Bring earplugs.)

billyevryteen123
09-29-2008, 03:27 AM
lol, glad to see people are actually down for this. So lets start organizing a thanksgiving event for blackfriday and that saturday. Gives people a chance to travel back on sunday, then after that point we can start to plan a bigger winter break one! I see hypno has a sweet place, but I don't want to speak for him, lets see who can actually have a house open for people to crash or to just chill at. Also this might want to be established before hand, some one as a dd one night :lol: but we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

Zazaranth
09-29-2008, 07:35 AM
I really want to go. I hope somehow I can bypass the extremely paranoid parents and somehow make it down there. Oh, lawdy lawd lawd.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-29-2008, 08:54 AM
I would be willing to drive down for this if I am given an actual address and stuff to check out just how long it would take to drive. From the looks of it, to get to dc its about a 10 hour drive from ottawa. So I guess I would be up for it if it atleast lasts a few days. I might be able to kidnap Lazemby and maybe even vesta :lmao: .

Psychpants
09-29-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm definitely up for trying to convince my folks to let me go. Like Zaz's they're also kind of paranoid.

However, I'm in the middle of getting all of your personal information so that in the off chance that any of you commit mass murder, you will never get away.

Plus I'll haunt you, and I'm annoying, Do you really want me to haunt you for the rest of your days? I think not.

Anyway, back on topic, just give me a time and place an I'm sure I can meet up on one of those days (I may be in Richmond for family Thanksgiving stuff on Friday, but I may be able to weasel out of it if need be). It may be tough though since I get in Thanksgiving morning and leave Sunday, so my parents may prefer that I spend the whole time with them. We'll see though.

Nick Mangiaracina
09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Sounds like your parents aren't the only ones that are a little paranoid.

billyevryteen123
09-29-2008, 12:26 PM
Ted, driving from canada will take alot longer than 10hours, except maybe if you start at like 11 at night, deal with no traffic, refill gas while your driving somehow, and quite possibly fly. It could really all depend on traffic, From northern virginia about 15 minutes from dc with no trafffc we can get to massachusettes in about 8 hoursish, but there can be bad times like taking 12 hours to get back from said places. I would suggest flying in and getting picked up if anything or if your down for the road trip, bring someone who you would be able to stay with in a car for a very long time.

Anthal
09-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Some days it can take 15 minutes to go from my house to DC. Other days it can take 2 hours.

In any case, I'm down, as stated before. I may be able to let one or two people crash on a couch if need be, but it all depends on my work schedule that Friday. I think I should be able to get off at around 6, and then I'm a short metro ride to...well, everywhere. Otherwise I can just take the day off...

Some things to consider:
What are we doing?
Are we going to a bar? Is everyone 18/21+?
Does anyone wanna do anything special in DC? (Museums, sightseeing, shaking your fist at the White House) Us natives can be tourguides
What time are we planning on meeting?

billyevryteen123
09-29-2008, 01:50 PM
I would say that we could go to a resaraunt or something along those lines, but even at some bars they don't let 18+ in. That could be a little problem with some people but there are plenty of places to go aside from a bar, and there is no problem with drinking at someones house, don't need to worry about people driving as much. I would be down for doing a trip to dc for a while, take the metro, see the sights, and who know what kind of shenanigans we could get into.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Well I looked up flight cost and it seems like it is only going to be around $250 for a round trip if I have it set to the right airport. Its the Ronald Reagan National right or if people know another airport speak up. I guess other things are who would be willing to pick me up and where I would be staying.

Some things to think about with the age thing could be if this is a few nights the the first night or like before hand could be a bar night or something. Before all the youngins come or go out after they leave. Also yeah I would not mind seeing some of the sights. Shaking my fist at the white house. Running away for the secret service. Good times were had by all.

Anthal
09-29-2008, 03:03 PM
If we're planning the day after thanksgiving...it's NOT going to be $250.

However, Reagan is on the Yellow and Blue lines, which are the metro lines I take to get to and from work.

Pax Bionicus
09-29-2008, 03:21 PM
If we're planning the day after thanksgiving...

Is this thing really being planned for the busiest travel weekend in the entire year? I want to get to DC and hang with you guys, not hang out in airports for hours on end!

Ted Theodore Logan
09-29-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh man I thought your thanksgiving was near the beginning of the month so I put in the 14th and the 17 as just dates to take off from. I see now that it is at the end of the year.

Anthal
09-29-2008, 04:11 PM
Thanksgiving in the US is November 27th.

Ted Theodore Logan
09-29-2008, 04:28 PM
I would have no problem heading down a bit early and leaving later to avoid the big rush of people. It is just figuring out a place to stay and having something to do.

Nick Mangiaracina
09-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I would have no problem heading down a bit early and leaving later to avoid the big rush of people. It is just figuring out a place to stay and having something to do.

I know up in Canada, a big rush of people is something that can be managed in a few days, but here down in the U.S. you'll end up having lots and lots of people using the airports between the middle of November to the middle of January.

I know when my ex-girlfriend used to visit in early january, it'd always take me at least 2 hours to get to the airport in the middle of the night, and then it was always hard to find her because there were so many people.

Summer is where it's at.

Hypnotoad
09-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Some days it can take 15 minutes to go from my house to DC. Other days it can take 2 hours.

In any case, I'm down, as stated before. I may be able to let one or two people crash on a couch if need be, but it all depends on my work schedule that Friday. I think I should be able to get off at around 6, and then I'm a short metro ride to...well, everywhere. Otherwise I can just take the day off...

Some things to consider:
What are we doing?
Are we going to a bar? Is everyone 18/21+?
Does anyone wanna do anything special in DC? (Museums, sightseeing, shaking your fist at the White House) Us natives can be tourguides
What time are we planning on meeting?

2nded.

Yes I probably have the biggest place and can house about 2-3...possbily 4 if people don't mind sharing a bed.

I've got:
1 Futon
1 couch that comfortably seats 4 so can sleep someone
an airmatress that can sleep 2 in a jam
1 queen sized waterbed
1 twin sized bed
*Edit, I know this lists sleeping options for 5-6 people, however can't do more than 4 in my car so worst case scenario we can squeeze 5 people in the Accord.

I'll sleep on any of those surfaces EXCEPT the airmattress. Just don't feel like sleeping in the living room, but not picky about the rest of the rooms. If people are flying into Dulles, I can do the taxi thing, but I only have a 2 door Honda Accord so don't pack all your makeup and blowupdolls.

Let me know when you all want to get together and what you want to do downtown. Between Ant, Zaz and I, we've probably got knowledge of all downtown DC so we can do the tourguide thing (air 'n space, natural history, spy museum, etc) and as for the local pubs, we can most likely have just as good a time tieing on a few at a house or something that way people don't have to worry about getting out fake IDs (yeah we all believe the kid with the Naruto Shirt is 21). :roll:

The only drawback to my place is I don't have an HD flatscreen "make you hard" tv, and I don't have any 5th gen consoles. I'm a computer gamer so all I've got is a PS2 and Xbox. If you want to setup some Rockband all nighters or what-have-you then equipment will need to be marshalled accordingly.

Oh and I do have 1 cat, so fair warning to anybody who is allergic. Other than that, lets get to narrowing down a time so I can put in for at least a day or two off. :D

Psychpants
09-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Out of curiosity, is there any easy way from the metro out to your place, or are cars necessary?

Hypnotoad
09-30-2008, 10:51 PM
Metro is about 30 mins away. If you fly into Reagan I can still grab people, but Dulles is only about 20 mins away vs. the 45 or 50 that Reagan is.

billyevryteen123
10-01-2008, 11:09 PM
lol, I think we should have a few people meet up that live in nova, grab some eats or something where sasha works.

Hypnotoad
10-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Ummm are there going to be orgies here over the holidays? I know the college girls will be back from school during that time frame...but I'll need to know what the intentions are so I can go to Costco for the bulk supplies of lube.

Psychpants
10-02-2008, 07:23 PM
So for those of us who live in D.C. but don't have cars, what should we do?

Anthal
10-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Metro.

Psychpants
10-02-2008, 11:54 PM
That's what I asked about, but apparently it's still 30 minutes away from Hypno. That's at least if we are planning on using Hypno's place at all for the hangout.

Anthal
10-03-2008, 12:43 AM
I live relatively close to Hypno, and I take the metro to work every day. It's just a short bus ride away ;)

billyevryteen123
10-03-2008, 12:12 PM
Im pretty sure i live less than 15 minutes(with little traffic mind you) from hypno. If you needed to be picked up from a metro im sure that i could do that maybe perhaps?

Pax Bionicus
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
It's just a short bus ride away ;)

Anthal rides the short bus! :terri:

Psychpants
10-06-2008, 12:49 AM
I guess we'll work things out when the time comes.

Are we still planning to do this over thanksgiving or has the plan changed to winter break?

Pax Bionicus
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Here is a handy site for determining driving costs:

http://www.costtodrive.com/

Nick Mangiaracina
10-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Except you cant select a car with a year prior to 1999.

Which sucks cause my car's a 98.

10-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Are we still planning to do this over thanksgiving or has the plan changed to winter break?

i hope it's going to be over winter break. otherwise, i am not even going to bother showing up. i'm not ditching a weekend with my whole family to meet people off the internet.

Hypnotoad
10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
In other news, why don't those of us already in the local area get together one of these weekends in october and hang out?

Putting our heads together since we're going to be the primary "Holiday Inn Expresses" for this winter meetup could be a lot easier to co-ordinate after we've had a brew or two somewhere.

billyevryteen123
10-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Next week i might be able to do something. Not sure if im gonna be able to get out any where, but if you give me a place in centreville, clifton, or manassas I could possibly be able to do it. Who is it really, Hypno, Anthal, and Myself? If someone else is here, chime in now.

billyevryteen123
11-16-2008, 04:51 AM
bump for the thanks giving jazz, who is going to be in the northern virginia area? Im still voting for a good black friday night meeting up, for dinner or something along those lines.

Hypnotoad
11-18-2008, 02:27 AM
I just thought about this the other day. Let me know if you guys want to grab a bite or a pint.

billyevryteen123
11-18-2008, 03:20 AM
Grab a bite next week? only 19 so im out of the second option. Where do you want to go? Ive got a few places fairly close that would be good. Anthal do you have a car, or do you stricktly use metro only? That is if your still going to be up for it.

Hypnotoad
11-22-2008, 12:34 AM
I'm down just give me a ring.

billyevryteen123
11-22-2008, 02:29 AM
sounds beuna, anthal i know your around and about, you down to meet up with hypno and i?

Anthal
11-22-2008, 03:42 AM
Sure. I can probably be to Rosslyn @ 7:00-ish, if not earlier. From there, I'm metro accessible all the way to Vienna, or down the Springfield.

billyevryteen123
11-23-2008, 03:04 AM
sweet, some how we can get everyones numbers and all that jazz. I vote grab a bite to eat friday or saturday night, which one would you guys prefer?

billyevryteen123
12-15-2008, 02:22 AM
winter break, whats going on

Anthal
12-15-2008, 04:05 PM
American History Museum just reopened. Not this coming weekend, but the weekend after? I've got a few RL friends (Bard329 and CanonFodder) that want to go.

Psychpants
12-15-2008, 04:47 PM
Yeah, I went there over Thanksgiving and it was packed, so some of the cooler exhibits had actual lines to get in, so I would definitely be willing to head there again.

billyevryteen123
12-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Id be down for meeting up, perhaps at the metro? Which Station are you closest too, Im close to vienna

Anthal
12-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Franconia-Springfield.

If we did meet up, it'd probably be at the Mall in DC (Smithsonian metro exit). I'll bug the guys at work and try to get some more details this week.

Anthal
12-23-2008, 02:20 PM
Smithsonian Metro Station, Mall Exit, 11AM, This Sunday.

Anyone down?

Frenotx
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
I don't think the metro goes to Atlanta...

TheBusdriver
12-23-2008, 10:35 PM
This makes me so sad. i live in arizona. sooo far away.

Hypnotoad
12-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Sure I'm down. Give me a ring that morning, I'll probably just meet you all at Vienna and ride down together.

billyevryteen123
12-24-2008, 04:47 PM
hopefully make it, if i do ill give you a call or a txt hypno and meet you at vienna metro

Anthal
12-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Since I'm coming from Springfield, I'll have to meet you guys @ the mall instead of in Vienna. Way too outta the way for me, heh.

billyevryteen123
12-25-2008, 12:02 AM
well hypno and i can at least meet up there. FUN ON THE METRO IF IM AWAKE ENOUGH TIME!

Nick Mangiaracina
12-25-2008, 11:29 AM
He'll be easy to spot, he looks like the president.

Psychpants
12-25-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm out of town this weekend, well, starting Saturday, getting back after lunch sometime Sunday, so I can't come by either.

Have fun you guys!

billyevryteen123
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
ballin, now i have money so we can go to lunch or something too!

Hypnotoad
12-25-2008, 11:23 PM
This is all terribly thrilling. 5 pages of what was to be a massive partyfest at my house to now traipsing around the local museums and eating some post Xmas grub on the mall. We'll have to have more folks come through during the summer break.

billyevryteen123
12-25-2008, 11:35 PM
wooo for something working! Im gonna txt you on sat hypno and try and set up some sort of things for sunday. We meeting at vienna metro?

billyevryteen123
12-27-2008, 10:36 PM
bump for tomorrow

Anthal
12-28-2008, 07:31 PM
OH GOD WE WENT AND IT WAS AWFUL.

Except not really. There will be pics up soon, just not by me.

billyevryteen123
12-28-2008, 07:55 PM
lulz ill be posting pictures when im not tired, whats his face has a bunch more (cannonfodder?).

Anthal
12-28-2008, 07:58 PM
CanonFodder, yeah. He's a damned Asian Tourist.

billyevryteen123
12-28-2008, 08:17 PM
TOOUUUUUUUURRRRRIIIIISSSSTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

billyevryteen123
12-28-2008, 09:58 PM
pictures coming in soon!

billyevryteen123
12-28-2008, 10:38 PM
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00745.jpg

the D!!!!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00754.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00756.jpg

The D's spirit!!!!!!!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00762.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00763.jpg

back in my day there was only one dakota!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00764.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00769.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00773.jpg

NAZI MARCHING BATTON HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00775.jpg

RANDOM PROPAGANDA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00782.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00783.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00784.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00785.jpg

baby=win timez
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00786.jpg

flame thrower
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/CA%20dc%20trip/DSC00788.jpg

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00810.jpg

In the Vietnam section
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00811.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00813.jpg

For Poonzone
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00816.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00817.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00818.jpg

FUCKING WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLEEEEEEE
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00822.jpg

A Diamond which karats are only matched by hevy d's fatness
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00823.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00824.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00825.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00826.jpg

hypno and anthal!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00828.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00831.jpg

EVILLLLLLLLLL EVILLLLLLLLLL
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00835.jpg

Hypno and Anthal at the metro!
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00836.jpg

Hypno and Billy
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00837.jpg

bard329
12-29-2008, 12:26 AM
All i gotta say is, you people are too tall...

Hypnotoad
01-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Good times had by all. Though I was friggin famished and hence the two bad pictures of me while scarfing down fries on the mall. The other two shots were just bad because I don't photograph well. We must do it again soon!

billyevryteen123
01-01-2009, 09:40 PM
thats the truth! I see a big summer thing happening in our futures.

billyevryteen123
03-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Just gonna throw this out there, I dont think i can make it to the big meet this summer, but i would be down for meeting up with some people at the begining of summer again. Sometime near the end of may start of june. Any one down for it? Especially anthal or hypno or cannon or bard or anyone else who was there for the winter time.

Hypnotoad
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm around the end the May, the first week in June I'll be gone for a volunteer opportunity and the following weekend I'll be in a soccer tournament at Ocean City.

moronperson920
03-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Hypno and Billy
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm54/billyevryteen123/DSC00837.jpg

ok i just have to throw this out there, billy looks like he could be my brother. i make that same face/pose all the time and he looks almost the same. that is fucking creepy D:

Anthal
03-25-2009, 12:35 AM
Here's a variety of pictures, most of which are from the meet. I just never organized them and posted them.

http://207.188.214.12/kc/

Edit: Seriously, it's 252 pictures.

root@P3-server:/home/tf2/www/kc# ls | wc -l

Hypnotoad
03-25-2009, 12:16 PM
lol 3 pictures of the same piece of wood...no wonder there the total is so high.

billyevryteen123
03-25-2009, 12:24 PM
lol, good times good times. and hypno, i think we could some how be related deep back in the past, or maybe we are long lost twins, that were born multiple years apart. Who knows?!!?!?!

moronperson920
03-25-2009, 07:58 PM
lol, good times good times. and moron, i think we could some how be related deep back in the past, or maybe we are long lost twins, that were born multiple years apart. Who knows?!!?!?!

fix'd?

right, i was born 9/20/90 (hence the numbers on my name) and if you were related to me you would probly have a jew fro like me

billyevryteen123
03-25-2009, 10:51 PM
lol, good times good times. and moron, i think we could some how be related deep back in the past, or maybe we are long lost twins, that were born multiple years apart. Who knows?!!?!?!

fix'd?

right, i was born 9/20/90 (hence the numbers on my name) and if you were related to me you would probly have a jew fro like me
lol, thanks for the fix, had hypno on the brain.

Hypnotoad
03-26-2009, 11:13 AM
I have that effect on people @_@