PDA

View Full Version : Third "OFFICIAL" PUG Match (CUSTOM MAPS!) 2009/08/12 9pm EST

ichthys
08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Third "OFFICIAL" PUG Match 2009/08/05 9pm EST
CUSTOM MAP WEEK!

This week we're putting an emphasis on custom maps. Post maps you'd like to try here so we can get them on the server.

In the effort of having fair and balanced teams, we are going to try and have two captains pick teams one day in advance.
Post here if you'd like to play. Once we have 12 players and two captains, the captains can look over stats on steam and hlstatsx (http://www.couchathletics.com/stats) to better influence their decisions. Then some time 24hrs before the match, the captains will meet with me on vent to pick their teams. We'll play a full game (two halfs) with these teams and then continue in regular PUG format.

General PUG/server info can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4182 (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4182)

Please be on vent 10mins prior to the match. If you are not here we will start looking for subs.

JOIN THE CA PUGS STEAM GROUP! you're gonna love my nuts (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capugs)

TimmyFred
08-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I should hopefully be here...I have to work this week, and sometimes we run a little late, but I plan to be here.

As for good maps to play...

I'm not a big fan of follower, but I'm sure some will want to play it

cp_furnace is a good gpit style AD map.

cp_indulge_b2 is already on the pug server, I think, and b1 was fun in the pug we did yesterday. I'd really love to play this one

cp_yukon has been getting a lot of competitive play...MangyCarface said on Aug. 4 "I'm almost positive I'll have yukon's final out next week", so we should probably look into what version to play...

cp_freight is an obvious choice...I personally prefer the old version over the "final" version.

ctf_turbine would be a cool choice, I think (though I guess it's considered an official map, now)...it gets a lot of play in the european scene, and I've never actually done a 6v6 ctf match before.

If I had to rank these in order of preference for myself, I'd go with

1.) Indulge B2
2.) Turbine
3.) Furnace
4.) Freight
5.) Yukon
6.) Follower

Lumi
08-12-2009, 04:06 AM
I set a reminder on my phone. I have a castle seige that ends at 9PM EST, followed by random crap afterwards, but I'll probably make it.

STRESS
08-12-2009, 11:40 AM
SKYNET has a cevo match tonight so most of the roster will be busy with that until probably 11ish. hopefully that will make the teams slightly less one sided than they have been.

Rmeddy
08-12-2009, 07:37 PM
I'll try to come to it.

We should do CP_Indulge B3

TimmyFred
08-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Agreed on Indulge B3..

I know I said I'd probably be here, but alas, I won't. I only just got back to my mother's house where I took a shower and am now washing some clothes...No way am I going to be at my apartment 40 miles away in 25 minutes, even without taking into account the fact that my clothes aren't even in the dryer, yet.

Lumi
08-13-2009, 01:02 AM
Was my first time on the map. Found a decent path to mid fairly quickly. Giant never gets to play Medic again.

I was sub-par all match. =/