PDA

View Full Version : You Can be a Writer Too! (And Win Free Games!)

thegrogster
09-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Here at Couch Athletics, we love our community. In fact, we love it so much, we want to give all of you a chance to be a bigger part of it! So I've cooked up a contest for everyone.

Here's what I want you to do.
1. Find any video game you want, any at all.
2. Write up a review between 500 - 1000 words any way you like. (Give or take a few words) Make it funny. Make it sad. Tell us how it made you curl up in a corner crying.
3. Supply your own images and captions for these images. If you got them from a website, cite your sources.
4. Send it to catempcontest@gmail.com in either .doc, .docx or .odt format

Each user can submit multiple reviews. In fact, I encourage it.

You might be asking "But wait! What do I get out of it?". Well my fellow couch potatoes:

First prize!
Your review posted on the front page. Your spot as a reviewer on this fast growing community*. And the sweetest prize of all, a choice of any game or game pack you want from Steam's massive collection (Up to $70**).

Second prize!
Your review posted on the front page along with your choice of game(s) up to $30** on Steam.

Third prize!
Your review on the front page along with any game you choose on Steam up to $15**.

*If you don't want to be a full time reviewer you can pass this portion of the prize onto second place and be freelance.
**These prizes are gifted to you through Steam only once. Make it count.

Sadly, now it's time for some rules.
1. Must be signed up on the forums if you haven't already and supply your username with each entry.
2. Keep it professional. I don't want to see an abundance of unnecessary swearing or any racism.
3. Articles must be submitted by October 24th , 2009 11:59PM EST. Any later will be discarded.
4. Any images containing watermarks of other games sites will disqualify the submission.
5. Rules subject to change without warning.

Edit: Results will be posted October 31st. I will not be around during Captain's Night so the top three winners will be posted on the front page. I will PM you directly as well. The winner's reviews will be posted the following three Sundays. Check them out.

If you have any questions, email me, PM me, or talk to me on Steam.

thegrogster
10-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Since the server move and such, the email I supplied above it currently not working.

Please forward, CC or submit articles to catempcontest@gmail.com

thegrogster
10-18-2009, 08:11 PM
Just a reminder. As of right now (10/18/2009) You have less than one week to submit a review of any game of your choosing. You've got NOTHING to lose by submitting a review.
You know English if you can read this and you probably play games if you're on this website so you meet the criteria to write a 500 plus word review.

Good luck.

thegrogster
10-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Oops! I made one mistake and corrected it.
My original post stated I'd be announcing the winners on October 30th, 30 minutes before Captain's Night.
Well, I don't know my calendar that well because Captain's Night falls on the 31st.

I also won't be around then so expect the results posted tomorrow sometime. (The real 31st)

thegrogster
10-31-2009, 12:01 PM
Results are in!

Check them out on the front page or go here (http://www.couchathletics.com/content/couch-athletics-writing-contest-results-are)!