PDA

View Full Version : Sixth PUG Night 2009/10/07 9:30PM EST

ichthys
10-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Sixth PUG Night 2009/10/07 9:30pm EST

General PUG/server info can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4182 (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4182)

PUG nights are back on as a weekly occurrence! Show up and bring a friend!

Join the CA PUG Steam Group! ... (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capugs)

No-eye-deer
10-06-2009, 05:14 PM
No, seriously, you guys should show up. I don't care how bad you suck.

lordfa9
10-07-2009, 12:47 AM
i'll try to be there

Passive
10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there tonight! I'm excited :D.

STRESS
10-07-2009, 05:49 PM
i'm probably not going to play tonight, but i'll be there to spectate and help organize things. if you haven't tried playing in one of the pickup games yet i highly suggest it. we've been having a blast each week so far.

Ranny
10-07-2009, 06:48 PM
I don't have as much home work so hopefully i can make it.

ichthys
10-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I can;t make it, but STRESS will be there to keep things organised. damn assignments are keeping me at school.

STRESS
10-07-2009, 10:55 PM
game 1: cp_granary

team CP vs team Lunar Wind: STALEMATE 3-3

game 2: cp_well

team Lag vs team Zazaranth: TEAM ZAZ WINS 5-0

thanks to everyone who came out, this is the highest turnout we've had yet. attached are my POV (spectator) demos from both games.

Boss1000
10-07-2009, 11:01 PM
It's a shame I missed it. I would greatly enjoy this type of gameplay.

:???:

TypeZERO
10-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Perma Link: CouchAthletics Demos (http://www.zero-trance.com/typezero/castuff/demos)

Rmeddy
10-08-2009, 12:47 AM
Well it totally sucked for me ,I had to play Scout and I have less than 30 hrs with Scout.

Give me Demo or Roaming Soldier thanks.

No-eye-deer
10-08-2009, 03:22 AM
twas fun. I feel like I'm learning every game, which is a nice thing

After watching the demos, I just get disappointed in myself for the most part. For example I'm just thrilled my failed ubers are caught on tape...including the one where it wore off and all of blue team jumped on me and the medic like a bunch of sharks. Sigh...something to learn from I suppose.

And the ending to the well match was downright hilarious imo. I get the feeling zaz typed that out in advance or has it binded
:doh:

TimmyFred
10-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Without even know what was said, I'm going to go with "it was binded" simply because it's Zaz we're talking about...while others of us are busy using our extra keys for useful binds like rcon_password, exec configs, or changelevel, Zaz has approximately 73 different text binds, all on a printed out guide so he can remember which is which. Or at least, that's my theory.

Nick Mangiaracina
10-08-2009, 09:01 AM
[attachment=0:h1omxqyg]hl2 2009-10-08 07-59-40-41.jpg[/attachment:h1omxqyg]

meatshot.

lordfa9
10-08-2009, 11:00 AM
twas fun. I feel like I'm learning every game, which is a nice thing

After watching the demos, I just get disappointed in myself for the most part. For example I'm just thrilled my failed ubers are caught on tape...including the one where it wore off and all of blue team jumped on me and the medic like a bunch of sharks. Sigh...something to learn from I suppose.

And the ending to the well match was downright hilarious imo. I get the feeling zaz typed that out in advance or has it binded

you think you have it bad? The clip of zaz running in almost a straight line into my minigun fire, dropping me in 3 shots and then capping 2nd and last to win well will probably ensure i never get picked for anything ever again :angry-screaming:

wish i was a better scout and maybe it would have been different, or for that matter, my heavy skills not to fail me at such critical moments :teasing-slap:

No-eye-deer
10-08-2009, 11:03 AM
In your defense, I probably (most likely) would have died too. Once he knows you're there, its just a matter of popping in and taking you down with redic scout damage. Whats that 'M' word I'm thinking of...?

STRESS
10-08-2009, 11:11 AM
yeah there's no shame in getting killed by zaz. i mean, he's no electrotech, but he's pretty good all things considered.

Zazaranth
10-08-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah there's no shame in getting killed by zaz. i mean, he's no electrotech, but he's pretty good all things considered.

Then again, that electrotech sure isn't anything like Misery Business.

Zaz has approximately 73 different text binds, all on a printed out guide so he can remember which is which. Or at least, that's my theory.

Two keybinds =D

It's bound to KP_RIGHTARROW. "say You just got FRIEND ZONED :>"

My other keybind is on KP_HOME. "say :<"

Overall, good game all around. I can honestly say I was very impressed with how HevyD was playing scout.
SALUTE!