PDA

View Full Version : Eleventh PUG Night 2009/11/11 9:30pm EST

ichthys
11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Eleventh PUG Night 2009/11/11 9:30pm EST

Please be on vent before 9:30 so we can get things going.

Post which maps you want to play. I'm thinking granary hasn't been played in a while.

PUG nights are back on as a weekly occurrence! Show up and bring a friend!
Join the CA PUG Steam Group! *giggity* (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capugs)

ichthys
11-10-2009, 03:57 PM
I cannot make it however, got midterm the following day and I need to study my ass off for it.

No-eye-deer
11-10-2009, 04:06 PM
I'm thinking granary hasn't been played in a while.

Sarcasm...?

Anyways:
1. ctf_turbine
2. cp_indulge

Zazaranth
11-12-2009, 01:41 PM
All in all, I'd say last night was fun.

It was interesting playing with Animalous and his medic (PatrioticPotato), mainly cause none of us really knew his playstyle (even though he had claimed to be a good soldier, definitely saw some great sniper shots from him last night).

All in all though, I'd say everyone had a decent time (or at least put on a good show of doing so), I'd like to see more people come out though. If only we could get the turnout that we do for Captain's Night...hm.

More advertisement? =3

AniDanny
11-12-2009, 01:51 PM
More advertisement? =3

Agreed. I didn't even realize that there was a PUG Night, I thought people just piled onto the PUG server when they were bored or something. Boss1000 PMed me and told me to join the PUG server, so I did. Then after bonking the other team the entire game, I learned that sandman was apparently not allowed in PUG. Oops. >.>; Not that it helped much, since we got rolled.

And I didn't quite figure out... is PUG Night just competitive gameplay without the prizes of Captain's Night? Or is there anything else to it?

No-eye-deer
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
Honestly I think most people are intimidated by the fact that its more competitive oriented. Case in point: How many people on my team realized the sandman was banned last night? While Stress wrote a great introductory post for people to read up on, most people are pretty turned off by the stricter class structure and more codified strategy.

...also, Wednesdays aren't the best day for people to play.
For me anyways Wednesdays are great! :)