PDA

View Full Version : Twenty-third PUG Night Wednesday 2010/02/10 9:30pm EST

ichthys
02-10-2010, 04:03 PM
Twenty-third PUG Night Wednesday 2010/02/10 9:30pm EST

Post here or show up on time to make sure you get a spot in the first game!

If you post and are more than 5 minutes late, you will lose your slot.

Join the CA PUG Steam Group! :dance: (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/capugs)

No-eye-deer
02-11-2010, 02:13 AM
As usual, PUG Night was rediculously fun.
As usual, I think more people should go to this, we even enjoyed the company of our good man bip.
and As usual, Zaz found a way to troll someone on the other team
:lol:

Keep the tf2lobby idea going btw, it's a great way to continue even if we don't have a full 12.

Zazaranth
02-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Direct Hit. 'Nuff said.

No-eye-deer is a beast fucking medic. I'll tell you that much.

DeliciousCake
02-11-2010, 03:48 AM
Did anybody happen to record a demo of the match on Freight? I was super pissed when Zaz said he hadn't bothered to record it.

Zazaranth
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
You'd only be able to see me rocking the direct hit anyway. ;3

Let's do some more TF2 Lobbies tonight, you can scout and record then! :3

Boss1000
02-11-2010, 05:33 PM
I gotta up my Soldier game. Any general suggestions, Granary mid or otherwise? I was getting unusually demolished.

:(

No-eye-deer
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
It's hard to be a good soldier when so many people that play are really good at it. Generally though, stick with your team. More specific tips can be found in the "new to pug games" topic.
viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4676 (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4676)

It's fairly useful if you don't really understand your role in the team. Also playing a few times and getting owned is neccessary sometimes to get a feel for what works and where you should try to position yourself at any one time.

Boss1000
02-11-2010, 07:43 PM
I've got dozens and dozens of hours as Soldier, sure, and several PUG games in which I've played it. I guess I'm just always very hesitant to take an action (offensive or defensive) because I don't always fully understand the dynamics of play. It's worse when I've got a Medic to defend.

At this point I'd say I'm worse at Soldier than as Scout, which is a drastic change since a few months ago.

:think:

No-eye-deer
02-11-2010, 09:12 PM
You should probably consider playing roaming since thats much more forgiving in a way. You get less heals/ubers overall but it much more freeing in that you can pretty much go where you want. It's better to start as that imo and get a feel for approriate actions for every situation. Occasionally you will be pusing ubers but if the pocket dies, unless he died by himself, you're probably just on defense until everyone else comes back up and regroups.

One thing I can say is don't be afraid to explore as roaming. If you think you can probably get a pick by jumping onto their crates, try it out and see if it works. You don't have a medic to guard so you go down faster, but you can get away with these sorts of things.