PDA

View Full Version : Team I Fight for my Friends

nite
04-03-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't really know where to put this, but after having played in some Captain's nights and a few tournaments now I feel like it's time we got a small group together that wants to play in tournaments and maybe a ladder.

Basically this post was prompted by the fact that we got backdoor'ed to hell in our League Night cash event, and I know all the guys who played in it will want a chance to redeem themselves and play in more tournaments, because we still had alot of fun.

There are a couple fun looking / unique tournaments coming up and I think would be alot of fun to compete in. I've signed up for the "Battle of the Clairvoyant" tournament which has an interesting rule set: Teams each get 1 ban and picks proceed as normal (bans are 1-1, then picks are 1-2-2-2-1). However you are not allowed to use OP champs as defined by the team running the tourney (which means no using Alistar*, Annie*, Blitzcrank*, Corki*, Fiddlesticks*, Jax*, Shaco*, Sivir*, Twisted Fate*) . FAQ about the tournament is here: http://clairvoyance.enjin.com/forums/m/137675/viewthread/125616-battle-clairvoyant-discussion-faq.

Right now I signed up with the same list I did for the Cash Event, but I wanted to throw this out there for the rest of the community if you want to play a little more competitively than typical matchmaking allows.

Team I Fight for my Friends
Nite
Flying Albino
Zazaranth
Rageplant
Caraszun
TrayTray

Let me know through the forums, steam, or in game if you want to be part of this. Right now there's no tryout process, but I think as far as general requirements go, the only main one is knowing how to play a variety of heroes well. The reason for this is that draft mode limits the heroes we can play, by exclusivity and the need for counter picks. I see no reason for a level requirement, because if you can play well, level becomes less important.

nite
04-05-2010, 11:43 AM
I signed up for the 3v3 Twisted Treeline Ladder on GameBattles.com, but we need at least three people before we can start playing. Register at their website and msg me so I can invite you to our team.

Also, SoloMid.net runs an individual ladder that runs until June (I think). I don't think any of us will win that :p but it's a fun experience if you want to try out a semi-srs pickup game because they run draft mode practice games and require all team members to be on vent. It's run through IRC, and there's a bit of a process to become auth'd with Q (quakenet mod thing) and their bot, but after that it's pretty easy. Info is at solomid.net

nite
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
Well guys, there's a tournament this weekend hosted by GpK. I've posted the details below:

Tournament Date: April 17th, 2010
Start Time: 5PM CST (final rounds can be postponed by the teams if it gets too late)

Draft:
Bans 1-2-2-1
Picks 1-2-2-2-2-1 (teams decide who picks first)

Tournament Vent via RentedRed:
IP: 75.126.94.188
Port: 9119
No Password

Please register your team on http://www.e-warfare.net. There is a detailed explanation on how to do everything you need to do (including videos) here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ight=RentedRed

Admins are usually in the vent or checking the e-warfare forums during the week so we can answer any questions you might have. Also, the site is being improved everyday (thanks to Deekz and Front) to better our efforts towards creating a fun, rewarding and competitive environment.

Rules:
You must register an account on e-warfare.net (and you must use your in-game name)
Backdooring is allowed, as games are not recorded (yet) and there would be no way to prove whether or not backdooring took place in most games.
Any Team Related Issues will be solved with Team Captains in the same channel with an Admin present.
Livestreaming is allowed
Any misconduct to other players in Ventrilo, in-game, or through the use of livestream towards the opposing team which causes them to be unable to play will be a disqualification for that team. (we enforce sportsmanlike behavior, like you'd see at a LAN)
Global Bans (if any) will be discussed with all the teams, before the tournament, and will only take place by a minimum of a 4/5 vote from the team captains.
YOU MUST TAKE A SCREENSHOT OF THE SCOREBOARD AT THE END OF THE GAME, FOR PROOF OF THE WIN TO THE ADMIN!!!!

The Bracket:
Depending on the number of participanting teams (which will be tallied just before the start of the tournament) we will be doing one of three brackets types. This is to prevent as little bracket confusion as possible.

If there are 8 teams or less, we will do a double-elimination bracket.

If there are 9-15 teams, we will do a round-robin bracket.

If there are 16 teams or more, we will do a single elimination bracket.

Benefits:
After the tournament concludes, if your team was a win-place-show team (1st, 2nd or 3rd), your team will receive experience points on e-warfare.net. This will be used for special invite tournaments, challenges, and bracket placement. More importantly than anything though, this tournament should be a lot of fun, as have past tournaments, and it is a good way for middle-of-the-road and new competitive teams to get some experience. We also welcome more experienced teams, because the experience will benefit the teams that they play.

Our last tournament was quite successful, despite the fact that teams had to drop due to the Holiday weekend. Even despite that, we had up to 22 teams at one point before Easter forced some of them to drop. We are hoping to get even more than that this weekend.

I hope to see you all there on Saturday!

Cheers,
Pete
"Dapacman"

I think this would be a good tournament for us to get some experience in if people want to do it. I won't be able to make it, and neither will TrayTray because we have an Ultimate tournament but I'd be willing to sign up a team on their website if 5 people want to play. Let me know through pm, steam, vent or whatever if you are interested.

nite
04-15-2010, 01:44 PM
SoloMid is hosting another big tournament, details below:

SoloMid ShowDown II

Sign-ups Open April 25
Close Date: May 9, 2010
Start Date: May 16, 2010

Sponsored by UberLeak.com and SoloMid.net

Schedule:
Preseason 4 weeks ( a time to decide the seeds, top 64 teams advance)
Single-Elimination Bracket
Top 8 teams will be live-streamed.

Over $1000 dollars of prizes.
1st: 6500 riot points per player + 200 cash
2nd: 3250 riot points per player + 150 cash
3rd: 3250 riot points per player + 100 cash

Tournamet Referees: RiotPhreak, Randuin, Lobsterzilla
Tournament Moderators: Wazzabi, Dark Lynx, Liezryou
Brackets will be posted on Uberleak.com

Roster:
Team Name
Team Captain:
Player 1:
Player 2:
Player 3:
Player 4:

Sub 1:
Sub 2:
Sub 3:
(TOTAL OF 8)
General Rules:

Scheduling: Every team will be required to make their own thread in the SoloMid match-scheduling forum of the SolomMid.net/forums. Teams will be required to use these threads to agree on a set time and date for their match. A team must post in their opponents thread with any scheduling requests that they have. A team is not allowed to edit their post for any reason, any edited post loses its merit for scheduling purposes. If you want to agree to an opponent's scheduling request, you must quote the date and time they suggested in your thread with a post saying that you agree to play at that time. This is so we can keep track of scheduling requests and resolve any potential scheduling disputes. It is also recommended, but not required, for a team to write times they are usually free to play in their own scheduling thread. If a date and time has not been agreed upon by 24hours before the default match time then both teams must play at the default match time (4pm PST Saturday). Results must be reported by noon on Sunday. If there are any major problems with scheduling or a team has been unresponsive to your scheduling request for more than 24 hours feel free to PM a moderator to attempt to get the issue sorted out.
Default Match Time: 4PM PST Saturdays

Matches: Matches will be played once per week during the season and twice a week during the tournament. Teams will be seeded based on performance during the season. In the Double Elimination tournament, matches will be twice a week. On the default or agreed upon match date and time, A fifteen (15)-minute grace period is allowed after the scheduled start-time of a match. If, after the grace period is over, one team has the required number of players ready to play in the server and the other team does not, the team with required number players has the right to claim a forfeit win. A team does not have to play a team that is a player down at the beginning of a round. Proof of the number of players in the server for each team, i.e. screenshot, at the time of the forfeit may be required, if necessary, later. Matches must be played consecutively.

Bans: Banning are 1-2-1 and Home Team bans first. Home Team is the blue team. Every game, both teams switch sides- and the new home team will now receive first ban. First ban will result in second picks.

Picks: Picks are 1-2-2-2-2-1 and Away Team picks first. Purple Team are always away team. Every game, both teams must switch sides- and the new away team picks first. Banning second will result in first picking.

Disconnects: Teams are to restart the match if any disconnects occur before creeps spawn, unless someone was first blooded. In that situation the game will be continued and played on. If a game were to restart, the players are to have the same summoner spells and to play the same champions. (Using clairvoyance to spy on the lanes of the opposing team, and faking a disconnect is not allowed.

Reporting a Tourney Match: A thread will be provided for screenshots to be posted, please do not use paint to edit your screenshots in anyway.

Game Rules:
Games best of 3
Exclusive Draft
Bans are Global
Blue Team: Home Team
Purple Team: Away Team
Bans:1-2-1
Picks: 1-2-2-2-2-1
Home Team: First Ban
Away Team: First Pick
Runes/Subs: Are allowed to be changed before picks and after.

Torte de Lini
04-15-2010, 02:26 PM
(which means no using Alistar*, Annie*, Blitzcrank*, Corki*, Fiddlesticks*, Jax*, Shaco*, Sivir*, Twisted Fate*)

Are some of these guys really that OP?

PsychicPsycho
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
(which means no using Alistar*, Annie*, Blitzcrank*, Corki*, Fiddlesticks*, Jax*, Shaco*, Sivir*, Twisted Fate*)

Are some of these guys really that OP?

It's not so much that they're overpowered but that if they were in play, every team would be made only of them. They're basically banning the best of the best to make for more interesting matches.

nite
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Yeah Torte, the point is just to shake things up. They also have a rule limiting the number of top players you can have on your team. I think it will be a fun tournament for a relatively new team like us, especially given that most of the people who've played in tournaments tend to not use these so called top tier champions.

nite
04-15-2010, 10:01 PM
Also, signups lock for the Clairvoyant tournament on the 18th, please let me know if you'll be available and want to play. The matches are self scheduled and will begin shortly after.

Torte de Lini
04-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Can we sign-up even though we're not in a team? :x

nite
04-16-2010, 12:07 AM
For this you have to be on a team, some tournaments allow you to sign up as a pickup player and join teams, but I don't think this is one of them.

On a somewhat related note, I Fight for my Friends isn't really a set team, especially not right now. Since we've only played in one tournament (the CA cash event), we are just looking to get started into these kind of tournaments. If you wanna play with us in a tournament all it really takes is playing a few games with the guys and getting to know us.

Feel free to add me in game if you want to play, summoner name is nite and all the other guys who played in the last tournament are posted in the first post of the thread and I'm sure any of them would be open to play as well.

nite
04-24-2010, 01:48 AM
Score one for the good guys! Team I fight for my friends 2 - 0 Swedish Dragon Rave.

Honestly I thought we were just alot better than they were individually and we played well the first game, but we got sloppy in the 2nd game and had to pull some good map control to pull it out. Thanks to the drunken traytray, we tower dived like bosses. Onwards and upwards !

Next up is team VTC and I think they've been in a bunch of tournaments so far, so they will be much stiffer competition. I'll let you guys know when the match is set for, but try to let me know your availability either on here, steam, or in game.