Thirty-fifth PUG Night Wednesday 05/19/2010 9:00pm EST

Who wants to play some pugs?

No-eye-deer
05-17-2010, 09:56 AM
I do!

Torte de Lini
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I will captain.
On top of my usual research and note-taking, I have an idea to further increase my team's adrenaline, interest, motivation and determination to win.

What's the map so I can plan ahead of time ;x

No-eye-deer
05-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Expect granary. Always granary.

Torte de Lini
05-17-2010, 10:45 PM
Expect granary. Always granary.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQ

As long as it is not gravelpit

No-eye-deer
05-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Usual maps in terms of likeliness:
Granary
Badlands
Freight
Yukon
Well
Mercy

Simcaster
05-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I think we're going to do koth_viaduct for the first map, if there are no objections.

@Torte Have you checked out this (http://www.couchathletics.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=players&game=tf) page for your notes?

No-eye-deer
05-19-2010, 07:19 PM
I don't think I've ever done koth for PUG night. Should be interesting.

Also -> Snipers are totally viable on that map.

Edit: Oh boy! Wednesday TF2 updates, Server is fuuuucked :|

Simcaster
05-19-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't think I've ever done koth for PUG night. Should be interesting.

Also -> Snipers are totally viable on that map.

Edit: Oh boy! Wednesday TF2 updates, Server is fuuuucked :|
Yep, the team makeup is a bit different in koth.

At least the update isn't happening at 8:10, like last time, the server should be updated by the time we play.

Torte de Lini
05-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Update released.

Simcaster: I only use those stats for preliminary assessment of a person's skill level/comfortable classes/weapons, etc. Since I cannot monitor their playstyle nor do the stats on that site indicate which maps were played [i.e no controlled environment], it's not really what I need. Trial & Error is what I'm relying on for now :3.

To me, the most important components in a match is the class composition and user/team-composition, not individual players skill :3. This is why I never take the supposed "best" players but rather opt for the more adequate all-around average players who are generally cooperatively or can steer teams suitably without much delegation besides the occasional reminder.Of course map choice matters, but only when deciding who to take on my team.

My notes aren't factual numbers, it's number, side-notes and key points [and a whole bunch of stuff] I want to remind myself about individual players, connections, relationships, etc.

No-eye-deer
05-19-2010, 11:31 PM
I'm so happy we did a final game. That last game was the kind of game I enjoy regardless of win/loss. Everyone on my team performed admirably, especially considering we didn't have the people to sustain all 6 roles (Lagtastic was pyro/engie, Chez was Heavy etc). Somehow our team never lost morale either, just good times playin pugs.

So yea, we lost 4-1 but it was still a(n) (air)blast. Final thanks to Taco for sticking around and allowing us to play.

GG Team Boss (again)

Torte de Lini
05-19-2010, 11:35 PM
Meh, I played scout and didn't pull my weight. I still want to play more viable classes and not sniper/heavy/engineer, but more of the classes that are essential or in demand.

Just a heads-up for future games and captains.

Good match. The turnout for PUG Night has diminished severely however, it's a shame because a lot of people were online but just rather play something else or weren't in the mood ):

No-eye-deer
05-19-2010, 11:39 PM
Good match. The turnout for PUG Night has diminished severely however, it's a shame because a lot of people were online but just rather play something else or weren't in the mood ):

You should've seen it before you got here. Those were some dark times for PUG night. It was to the point where the night before turnout started to comeback I stated if we didn't get 12 I was leaving cause we'd done TF2 lobby like 4 weeks in a row.

Edit: This Event (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=6030) pretty much convinced me PUG night was done. God that was the shittiest game of all time. We had a turnout of like 5.

Torte de Lini
05-19-2010, 11:46 PM
[quote="Torte de Lini":3uzyegrm]

You should've seen it before you got here. Those were some dark times for PUG night. It was to the point where the night before turnout started to comeback I stated if we didn't get 12 I was leaving cause we'd done TF2 lobby like 4 weeks in a row.

Edit: This Event (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=6030) pretty much convinced me PUG night was done. God that was the shittiest game of all time. We had a turnout of like 5.[/quote:3uzyegrm]

I can't imagine PUG night that low @_@

TF2Lobby is brutal, I've done one or two games to get a feel of competitive gaming and all I learned was that dickheads come in all shapes and sizes.

Though tonight, after I lost my match when I was captain, I wasn't interested in playing again, but didn't fuss.

P.S What is the difference between PUG Night and Captain's Night? We should make PUG Night a much lighter event or one that involves trying new maps, modes, or whatever ;x [or is that more for captain's night?]

Z-95
05-20-2010, 12:06 AM
[quote="No-eye-deer":koonyitm][quote="Torte de Lini":koonyitm]

Edit: This Event (http://www.couchathletics.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=176&t=6030) pretty much convinced me PUG night was done. God that was the shittiest game of all time. We had a turnout of like 5.[/quote:koonyitm]

I can't imagine PUG night that low @_@

TF2Lobby is brutal, I've done one or two games to get a feel of competitive gaming and all I learned was that dickheads come in all shapes and sizes.

Though tonight, after I lost my match when I was captain, I wasn't interested in playing again, but didn't fuss.

P.S What is the difference between PUG Night and Captain's Night? We should make PUG Night a much lighter event or one that involves trying new maps, modes, or whatever ;x [or is that more for captain's night?][/quote:koonyitm]

PUG night is straight 6v6 comp on mainly comp maps (so mostly 5CP). CN is for lighter competitive play on a wider range of maps. WiC is kinda a morph between CN and the now-defunct Silly Business Fridays.

Sorry I couldn't make it--I had to edit episode 5 of @Play which ended up taking 2+ hours.

ichthys
05-20-2010, 12:54 PM
tf2lobby is hit and miss. When I would play there regularly, on my own, I would play for a few hours and play a bunch of games. Some good, some not so good, a few terrible.

In other news. I've ordered my own Internet. It should be setup by next tues/wed!

Torte de Lini
05-20-2010, 05:23 PM
tf2lobby is hit and miss. When I would play there regularly, on my own, I would play for a few hours and play a bunch of games. Some good, some not so good, a few terrible.

In other news. I've ordered my own Internet. It should be setup by next tues/wed!

Worth It coming back?