PDA

View Full Version : Protoss Strategy

sAviOr
08-04-2010, 08:47 PM
This is a place to discuss the Protoss race and strategies to use, they can be PvP/PvZ/PvT or just basic build orders to start the game with, please make sure you indicate what you are actually talking about.

Also please be respectful, and if you don't agree with someones ideas please don't just be mean or bash them, try to help them out with new or better ideas.

mala_chor
08-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Charge lots with warp prisms and warp gate technology ^^

Torte de Lini
08-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Just cheese players, it's worked so many times on me, I'm so ashamed ):

DeliciousCake
08-05-2010, 08:53 PM
8 warp gates + stalker spam

booyeah
08-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Just cheese players, it's worked so many times on me, I'm so ashamed ):
The cannon rush has been surprisingly effective. I expect this not to last. But it's been a goto strategy when I roll protoss.

Chillbill
08-06-2010, 03:25 PM
recently i started playing toss and started out massing stalkers but i wasnt very good at it so i started a strat that whenever u see somebody rushing with melee units that i block my base with a few zealots and then rush VoidRays for the win. That works very well because the rush hurts the economy enough so that they likely dont have any good AA.

But my last two matches have been people who arent rushing and i dont know what to do to beat them at all. i try my above strategy but they arent rushing so my army is weak is they attack medium-fast (MMM, Stalker Mass, Mutis) What do i do?

drawkward
08-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Colossi are a great counter to an MMM ball, so are high templars. You've just got to tech out of colossi after you beat his first ball, because he has the starport(s) and reactor to get vikings to counter. You'll probably have stalkers with the colossi, so he might go viking/siege/m, it's all about scouting it, if you see siege, immortals + stalkers, be sure to lead with the immortals and blink to the siege asap

Ninja
08-07-2010, 06:07 PM
the altaco strat...

PLAY AGAINST SOMEONE WHO'S ONLY PLAYED 10 GAMES, WAIT FOR HIM TO ATTACK THEN ATTACK HIM WITH BULLSHIT AIRCRAFTS AND BUILD A RANDOM PYLON SOMEWHERE ON THE MAP JUST INCASE HE KILLS YOUR BASE FASTER

Torte de Lini
08-07-2010, 08:54 PM
the altaco strat...

PLAY AGAINST SOMEONE WHO'S ONLY PLAYED 10 GAMES, WAIT FOR HIM TO ATTACK THEN ATTACK HIM WITH BULLSHIT AIRCRAFTS AND BUILD A RANDOM PYLON SOMEWHERE ON THE MAP JUST INCASE HE KILLS YOUR BASE FASTER

That random pylon crap always fucks me over. So ridiculous.

tr3Ks
08-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Just a few strats that IMO are very solid...

[BUILDS] - These are BUILD names, not openers or end game changes. the idea being that when you use one of these you should win or ADAPT after this works or fails if you can. no build is "perfect" there will always be a chance it will get countered or your opponent will do something you do not see coming.
[spoiler][u]
1) 2-Base Zealot/Templar
2) 4-Gate Push
3) 2 Base Robo (vs. Zerg)
4) Dark Templar Rush (rawry&#39

tr3Ks
08-22-2010, 05:33 PM
[IN-DEPTH OPENINGS] - I'm going to elaborate on each of the opeining options. Of course there are more than what I will list here. however a majority of higher level play uses one of these.

THINGS TO NOTE - Any time you see a #(building name) that DOES NOT mean that you should build 9

tr3Ks
08-22-2010, 05:35 PM
reserved for in-depth Builds