The Market Gardener
The Mantreads
The Disciplinary Action
The Quick-Fix
The Overdose
The Solemn Vow
The Cow Mangler 5000
The Righteous Bison

Weapon bans are moderated by the config, so you wont need to memorize this list.

All class set bonuses are also banned.

*Updated: 8/16/11

Ninja
01-30-2011, 12:27 AM
Why is the short stop banned? It's so bad..

Simcaster
01-30-2011, 12:28 AM
It's very easy to pick medics with.

B-Ferret
01-30-2011, 12:49 AM
I don't like this list at all.

STRESS
01-30-2011, 01:00 AM
still no restriction on heavies, event still sucks

MercenaryBlue
02-16-2011, 08:15 PM
My thoughts on the Tank-buster set.

Its a very easy load-out to complete and use, and the bonus from the set (-20% damage from sentries) seems minor at best, because a soldier with the battalion and medic support will easily break a sentry nest anyway. Seriously, a soldier could switch hats and get the same effect on the battlefield.

B-Ferret
02-16-2011, 08:28 PM
My thoughts on the Tank-buster set.

Its a very easy load-out to complete and use, and the bonus from the set (-20% damage from sentries) seems minor at best, because a soldier with the battalion and medic support will easily break a sentry nest anyway. Seriously, a soldier could switch hats and get the same effect on the battlefield.
Yes, but they now they can do with without the help of a medic, allowing them to save their uber or allowing their medic to heal others.

MercenaryBlue
02-17-2011, 02:32 AM
Okay.

Now can someone explain me the reason behind the GRU ban?
I thought the whole reason behind GRU was to allow heavy to keep up with his teammates.

Simcaster
02-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Heavy becomes overpowered in 6v6 when he can get that really high speed.

MercenaryBlue
02-17-2011, 04:33 AM
That doesn't explain anything at all. He still have his normal damage and speed when he's shooting the mini-gun. He's still vulnerable to concentrated fire, and his weapon is nowhere as effective past close range. Solider and Demoman can match his damage output with a little range, and scouts can easily dodge around. If anything, a class cap rather than a weapon ban would be more appropriate.

The only difference for the GRU being Heavy able to keep up and fight for mid.
If that's the problem, lets ban rocket jumping altogether. Speed for health is bad.
Or perhaps the Equalizer. Its a pure upgrade with a massive speed boost and no downside.

B-Ferret
02-17-2011, 05:16 AM
That doesn't explain anything at all. He still have his normal damage and speed when he's shooting the mini-gun. He's still vulnerable to concentrated fire, and his weapon is nowhere as effective past close range. Solider and Demoman can match his damage output with a little range, and scouts can easily dodge around. If anything, a class cap rather than a weapon ban would be more appropriate.

The only difference for the GRU being Heavy able to keep up and fight for mid.
If that's the problem, lets ban rocket jumping altogether. Speed for health is bad.
Or perhaps the Equalizer. Its a pure upgrade with a massive speed boost and no downside.
That is the problem. The heavy's weakness is his lack of speed in competitive play. Remove that and there is no reason not to stack them.
It also allows for super fast uber charge.

MercenaryBlue
02-17-2011, 05:29 AM
A point for faster uber charge.

Remove that and there is no reason not to stack them
But we could lower heavy cap to 1 instead.

B-Ferret
02-17-2011, 05:40 AM
A point for faster uber charge.

Remove that and there is no reason not to stack them
But we could lower heavy cap to 1 instead.
It is 1 currently.
The point is it limits the heavies restrictions. Between that and the Sandvich there is no situation where a Heavy would be bad and limited in anyway.
Remember there are 6 players. A heavy can roll in there and take out a good chunk or pile in some damage if his team is backing him up.
He has a 450 health when fully charged, can instantly heal 150 to a team mate and dish out damage. Give him the speed of a medic and it's ridiculous.

MercenaryBlue
02-17-2011, 05:49 AM
Well... the heavy was meant to have high health. He's the tank by design. His slow walking speed when shooting means its easy to hit. He needs to get relatively closer to kill quickly. He's unable to jump-in and retreat as easily (via corners and all). And tossing the sandvich uses a huge cooldown (It takes about 2-3 seconds before being able to go back to the Minigun).

And there's little to no teleporters in 6v6.

But you made your point. Maybe when they nerf the speed to 85-90% instead

MercenaryBlue
02-21-2011, 08:03 AM
I'm sorry. I need another ban explained. I need to understand if there's a valid reason behind the Gas Jockey set (Pyro) beside "all the other sets were banned it wouldn't be fair"

As I see it the Gas Jockey is pretty balanced and a huge help for serious play. For the role of a defensive support and helper, the extra speed allows you to ...

1) Better repel enemy scouts that wander too close.
2) Better burn enemy spies using the Dead Ringer (since they can't escape on their speed)
3) Better timing on deflecting projectiles (when back-pedalling, more time to react)
4) Easier time getting inside a demoman's personal space. (Getting closer, faster)
5a) Easier to hit and run weakened targets
5b) Easier time retreating (A lifesaver against a Heavy)
6) Easier to dodge projectiles with High Speed
7) Easier time to chase and kill medics (Same speed)
8) Better speed to keep with the rollout

We also keep the degreaser quick-switch and the powerjack's strong melee...
at the cost of bullet vulnerability (scouts, heavy, sentry) and the lost of the axetinguisher.

Now, Valve has tried to make Pyro more competitive, and maybe that is what he needed... but was it too much?
I mean, its not he gets to kill faster, build a fast uber, or completely incapacitate a class to uselessness.

DeliciousCake
02-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm sorry. I need another ban explained. I need to understand if there's a valid reason behind the Gas Jockey set (Pyro) beside "all the other sets were banned it wouldn't be fair"
I think the most obvious reason is that not everyone can get access to a hat. Don't even need to get started on balance.

B-Ferret
02-21-2011, 05:05 PM
That and the speed is actually a bigger bonus than you'd think.

MercenaryBlue
03-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Don't even need to get started on balance.

That and the speed is actually a bigger bonus than you'd think.

Tell me, I'm interested to understand how its supposed to break the 6v6 format.

Everian
06-27-2011, 09:09 PM
we gonna get an update for this regarding the new UberUpdate/Shogun Items?

Simcaster
06-27-2011, 09:12 PM
Everything new is banned. :D

Everian
06-27-2011, 09:28 PM
T_T

No-eye-deer
06-27-2011, 09:47 PM
T_T
C'est la PUG night

CrackRabbit
06-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Aww you mean no breaking the sound barrier by using the riding crop on heavies with the GRUs?

Ninja
06-27-2011, 10:10 PM
WHY IS SIMCASTER'S NAME PISS YELLOW?

Dirka
06-27-2011, 10:24 PM

hax, IMO

No-eye-deer
06-27-2011, 10:55 PM
Purple, the color of royalty eh?

B-Ferret
06-27-2011, 11:25 PM
yeah seriously what the dicks simcaster

Simcaster
07-02-2011, 01:24 AM
This list has been updated.

MercenaryBlue
07-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Aww man, I was really interested on how the new Soldier weapons would change the format.
The riding crop would been excellent.

Hymn
07-02-2011, 02:19 PM
Aww man, I was really interested on how the new Soldier weapons would change the format.
The new soldier items are stupid good and thusly will never be nerfed/tweaked

Everian
07-06-2011, 05:32 PM
The new soldier items are stupid good and thusly will never be nerfed/tweaked

whip - Yeah, kinda op
Man Treads - unless they fix em its more of a handicap
Reserve shooter - fast switch, half clip and mini-crits airborne targets. So anti jumper sniping.
Market Garndener - interesting, but might be OP in the hands of a good solly, insta Gibing a Medic in a rocket jump
Launcher - Faster but only 3 shot before reload. not massivly good.

Hymn
07-06-2011, 06:51 PM
The increased speed of the launcher and the fact it as full splash radius makes it impossible to escape from a soldier.

Hackiroth
07-06-2011, 08:23 PM
Is the new stuff permabanned or just in the "It's new so it's banned" phase?

No-eye-deer
07-06-2011, 08:50 PM
...the "It's new so it's banned" phase

Hackiroth
07-06-2011, 09:17 PM
They should just be permabanned.

Ruugab
07-06-2011, 09:27 PM
who decides what weapons are banned?

Ninja
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Jesus.