PDA

View Full Version : Aether Mod

booyeah
07-24-2011, 02:22 AM
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/495374-173-aether-collaboration-mod-v101-bug-fixes/

I usually keep up with mods, but don't bother with them since: 1. I play almost exclusively on the server, 2. hate dealing with the hassle of .jar files and the .minecraft folder and mod collisions and version mismatches etc.

That said, I've had my eye on this one for a while and it released yesterday. I went ahead and installed it on my backup machine. (I don't know how it would work with the MP server so caution there). It's a hassle to install, though there is a handy video in the link to explain it. But it adds a new, dangerous realm, which is really quite awesome.

I've cleared a few bronze dungeons, but haven't found any silver or gold level dungeons yet. Made some nice walkways with the speedy sand, which is super excellent for fast travel. (I'd love to set up a nether transport system with that stuff :)

I don't think this even works in MP, but if you were burned out on MC, this might be a worthy diversion.

My one criticism is that the blocks are too similar to normal blocks, and if I'm going to all the trouble of getting to another plane, and harvesting stuff, I'd like some more variety in my build materials. Not just another 5 shades of grey rocks. I'll bet some texture pack folks will make that happen before long though.