PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Map Tryout Event?

Boss1000
10-30-2011, 03:13 PM
http://halloween.tf2mods.net/pantry.html

So I linked to that a few days ago. Would anyone be interested in getting together and playing through some of these? It could be organized or not. If so, when?

:?:

MercenaryBlue
10-30-2011, 05:15 PM
Halloween night is best for this!

Boss1000
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
This is a great indicator of how little the community visits the forums or cares to support these endeavors.

:violence-shootself:

TheSexyAlbexican
10-31-2011, 01:36 PM
I thought I posted in this. Anyways, I'm not doing anything tonight, so I'd be up for this.

No-eye-deer
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
I posted, then you deleted the thread. So hey now.

Boss1000
10-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Happening now!

:violin:

Boss1000
11-01-2011, 01:42 AM
I enjoyed taking a dozen of you guys through some of these maps. I think we should have some of these on the server as nominateable for November. How about...

pl_crag
koth_chapel
cp_dusk / cp_desertion

Neither of those last two worked for me, but I'd like to try them.

:icon-wink:

Edit: Big thanks to Simcaster for putting these on the server for us tonight.

No-eye-deer
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
I enjoyed chapel, but don't know if the small map size would translate well to a 24 person environment.

On the other hand, people seemed to be kinda down on mojave, yet I think it would play a hell of a lot better with a full (or fullish) server.

Gothic on the other hand, was the clear front runner for worst map of the night.

Boss1000
11-01-2011, 12:18 PM
I enjoyed chapel, but don't know if the small map size would translate well to a 24 person environment.

On the other hand, people seemed to be kinda down on mojave, yet I think it would play a hell of a lot better with a full (or fullish) server.

Gothic on the other hand, was the clear front runner for worst map of the night.Chapel has huge side areas that we didn't even use with our half-full server. I'm cool with Mojave, too.

:animals-chicken:

CrackRabbit
11-01-2011, 12:42 PM
I liked the first stage of Mojave. The second stage first point was not great.
I didn't play any longer than that.

Mojave. Mo' problems.

No-eye-deer
11-01-2011, 12:56 PM
I explored the side areas of chapel a little, and I just didn't see any reasons to go over there. The largest health packs are located outside the perimeter of the point near spawn, and while there was a full ammo box to the side, I can't see anything but an Engineer using it.

I would like if the map was slightly larger, and the side paths were more meaningful. Even if an Engie goes there for the ammo, theres not much reason to build there.

Also the small health pack on the bench next to the point. You have to jump on the bench to get the health. Come on now...

Ruugab
11-01-2011, 01:40 PM
i couldn't download any of these maps from the server

and i was too lazy to manually download them

maybe this could have been one of the reasons the servers only had a max of 10 people on?

No-eye-deer
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
I'm actually kind of curious if this is a consistent problem for people downloading custom maps from us. I downloaded 3 or 4 of them just fine until I ran into one that wouldn't download off the server automatically.

Dirka
11-01-2011, 02:30 PM
One of the maps was probably not put in the fastdl folder or was named wrong or something