PDA

View Full Version : Couch Athletics - The Guild

Dirka
11-20-2011, 01:26 PM
Anyone planning to play TOR should head over here and sign up for the official CA guild!

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/9583/couch-athletics

We are planning to play on a RP-PvP server. I don't think we plan on doing any hardcore RP stuff but we chose the RP server type since it is usually a bit more mature.

There are forums there on the TOR site but my guess is that we will probably end up using this site instead.

Join us!

edit: The server for the CA guild will be: Rubat Crystal

TheSexyAlbexican
11-20-2011, 05:32 PM
Sweet, I was going to ask about getting a subforum for this.

Dirka
11-20-2011, 05:47 PM
i may end up making a members only sub-forum for the guild too but we probably don't need it right now

FreakTheKing
11-20-2011, 06:10 PM
How many of us are in this thing anywho?

Dirka
11-20-2011, 06:14 PM
was 12 when i looked earlier today

Runic
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I'll def make a couch based char, but I'm in a guild with RL type people in terms of the guild deployment feature :3

Nick Mangiaracina
12-12-2011, 05:19 PM
Rubat Crystal

That's the server we'll be on.

Dirka
12-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Got my invite to early access. I'll be on tonight

Ag3nTTeresa
12-13-2011, 12:53 PM
Hoping to get mine soon. I'll probably be bouncing back and forth between servers. I've got some old RL friends that I use to play Quake/EQ with who will be playing and I'll most likely be spending most of my time with them. I'll be sure to check in time to time though.

**Edit - I'm dumb. I received my early access like 5 days ago and didn't even notice. Playing tonight.

TheSexyAlbexican
12-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Didn't get mine yet, good thing too. I'm heading back home tonight and won't have much time to play.

Nick Mangiaracina
12-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Hoping to get mine soon. I'll probably be bouncing back and forth between servers. I've got some old RL friends that I use to play Quake/EQ with who will be playing and I'll most likely be spending most of my time with them. I'll be sure to check in time to time though.

**Edit - I'm dumb. I received my early access like 5 days ago and didn't even notice. Playing tonight.

Incorrect, you did not. The first early access e-mails went out today.

Also, sad to see you not playing with us.

Ag3nTTeresa
12-13-2011, 04:28 PM
Blah, reading ftw. It's a preload email to be able to play on the 13th if you receive the email. More dumbs - my bad.

Nick Mangiaracina
12-13-2011, 05:04 PM
If you entered your registration code between the days of July 21st and July 27th, you should have access to the game.

I never received an e-mail, but I am flagged for early access and have access today.

If you're unsure, go to SWTOR.com and login, go to "my account" and then "code redemption"

Towards the bottom of the page it will tell you what version you registered, when you registered, when you were able to patch.

12.13.2011 Star Wars: The Old Republic Early Game Access: Ready to Play

^^ that's what you're looking for.

TheSexyAlbexican
12-14-2011, 05:11 PM
I got in today.

Nick Mangiaracina
12-14-2011, 10:25 PM
4 consulars, 1 smuggler, 1 trooper

Good work, guys.

Dirka
12-15-2011, 01:39 AM
we have liek 6 more ppl

TheSexyAlbexican
12-15-2011, 05:07 AM
Well at least with specializations and the different skill trees things won't be too bad between classes. I know Dirka's a Sage, and I went Shadow. I don't know yet what kind of Shadow I'm going to play, though. HevyD, are you going full tank as a Trooper?

Nick Mangiaracina
12-16-2011, 02:41 PM
Yep, full tank.

TheSexyAlbexican
12-19-2011, 08:20 AM
Damn. I made a Trooper a few days ago in preparation for when I would need an alt, and named him "Oryan" since in KOTOR I always named my character "Greg Oryan" because I thought I was clever. Now I remember the Legacy system. Of COURSE I'm going to go with "Oryan" as my Legacy name, now. It's the only one I know. Good thing that Trooper is only level 8.

TheSexyAlbexican
01-14-2012, 11:15 AM
So, Ranny and bferret (But mostly Ranny) was going all Chicken Little about how everyone's probably already quit already, and it got me thinking: Sinmiedo (My brother) and I have been on at least once every two days, and we're at around level 41/42, hopefully we'll be at 50 soon; everyone that started playing is still into the game, right? I just figured with the site and vent and shit being crazy, and breaks/vacations ending that people didn't have as much time to play right now. I just don't want to hit 50 and have no one to do operations with from CA.

Also, fuck Huttball.

Nick Mangiaracina
01-14-2012, 03:15 PM
The ONLY reason I haven't been around is because I got so far ahead of everyone else. Now that everyone is around my level, I've been playing more.

In fact, I'm on right now.

Dirka
01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Yeah I haven't been on much in the last 2 or 3 days but I'm still going to play. I'd like to try some pvp with a group of dudes, I haven't done that yet.

Ranny
01-14-2012, 06:36 PM
So, Ranny and bferret (But mostly Ranny) was going all Chicken Little about how everyone's probably already quit already, and it got me thinking: Sinmiedo (My brother) and I have been on at least once every two days, and we're at around level 41/42, hopefully we'll be at 50 soon; everyone that started playing is still into the game, right? I just figured with the site and vent and shit being crazy, and breaks/vacations ending that people didn't have as much time to play right now. I just don't want to hit 50 and have no one to do operations with from CA.

Also, fuck Huttball.

I see where you are coming from Albexican and I do want to make it to level 50 in this game, but there was no reason to drop bferrets and my name there. I see that no one got mad at us and I understand why they took the break but still no reason to call us out.

TheSexyAlbexican
01-14-2012, 08:30 PM
My point wasn't calling you out, but rather to explain my train of thought. I apologize for offending you.

Dirka
01-14-2012, 08:34 PM
We don't post much here but were having a pretty good time with this game. We could use some more dudes to do some raids and stuff so if anyone out there is on the fence, you should check it out, it's a fun game. Like getting 8 kotr in 1 with multiplayer

Nick Mangiaracina
01-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh yeah, I'm kicking ranny and bferret out of the guild and giving albexican 100,000 credits. Good find, Albexican.

Dirka
01-15-2012, 02:11 PM
We should set up a night where we all get together and roam the countryside grabbing all the datacrons and kill world bosses.

TheSexyAlbexican
01-15-2012, 09:28 PM
We should set up a night where we all get together and roam the countryside grabbing all the datacrons and kill world bosses.

I've only found two datacrons myself, but I'm aware that there are many that require waiting a long time in order for a vehicle to take you from one place to another, or something like that. Also, I know there is a +10 to all stats datacron that requires four people to get to on the Imperial side, so I'm willing to guess that there's something like that on the Republic side as well.

In regards to world bosses, hell yes. I accidentally found the Tatooine world boss once, so I'd like to kick his ass and get revenge for him punching me in the face to death.

Nick Mangiaracina
01-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Pretty certain the only really long one is on Tattooine.

What level is everyone? Every time I get on, Guild doesn't display properly, so I'm hoping to get an idea on when we can start doing operations.

Dirka
01-18-2012, 06:46 PM
37 sage, 25 scoundrel

TheSexyAlbexican
01-18-2012, 09:41 PM
45 Shadow, 15 Sentinel. Sinmiedo has a 45 Guardian, at least.

TheSexyAlbexican
01-23-2012, 06:45 AM
If we aren't doing Operations/Hard Mode Flashpoints by the end of this week, I hate everyone.

Dirka
01-23-2012, 03:53 PM
We're never going to do operations unless we start recruiting people.

Nick Mangiaracina
01-24-2012, 01:21 PM
It seems like people just have trouble logging on. I was on this morning and there were two people on, so it's just a matter of regulating times and telling people when to get online.

Planning should be our next step as people are rounding the bases. I know we have a few 50s in the guild. I'm about to hit 45 and could easily hit 50 by the end of the week, although my schedule rarely allows me to play a single game that much.

But really, we just need more 50s. If you want to recruit, by all means, go ahead. Otherwise, I'll evaluate what we have and go from there.

In the mean time, how about discussing raid times. What's best for everyone?

Jeremy
01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey everybody, how's it going?

Nick Mangiaracina
01-24-2012, 02:05 PM
Hey everybody, how's it going?

Good contribution, Jeremy.

Dirka
01-24-2012, 04:09 PM
Weeknights, 7-11 or so if I'm around.friday or Saturday night, could be any time

TheSexyAlbexican
01-24-2012, 07:00 PM
Essentially what Dirka said, except for Tuesdays. Tuesdays 9-11 I have rehearsal now.

TheSexyAlbexican
01-30-2012, 12:35 PM
So, be it in-game or on Reddit or something, we should definitely look towards getting more people in our guild like we've said earlier. Any ideas as to how we want to accomplish this?

Nick Mangiaracina
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
As far as raid times go. One weekday, one weekend afternoon? Shoot to be done before Captain's Night?

TheSexyAlbexican
01-30-2012, 01:36 PM
As far as raid times go. One weekday, one weekend afternoon? Shoot to be done before Captain's Night?
I'm cool with that, my Saturdays are open. First we've got to at least have a healer get to 50.

TheSexyAlbexican
02-19-2012, 01:18 AM
So now there are more of us at the level cap, we should start doing stuff that involves that level cap. Normal level 50 Flashpoints and HM Flashpoints are what I'm thinking of. I haven't been on much the last few days because of stuff, but I'm going to be pretty free for the foreseeable future.

TheSexyAlbexican
02-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Between work and other things, I've been playing less, and starting Saturday, Sinmiedo and myself are going to be in Arizona to spend time with family. Just a heads up. 1.2 can't come out fast enough.