PDA

View Full Version : About Dat Server #2

Squidulosous
03-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Since server 2 is generally empty if not for scrimming/matches/events, do you think you could run an MGE plug-in for it? A few of us we're talking about how that would be a good idea. I'd certainly like to use it for some 1v1 practice.

Doobler
03-07-2012, 01:09 AM
I like the idea. Another option is opening it for tf2 lobbies.

No-eye-deer
03-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Server 2 is and will always be needed for events. In terms of using it for other things, you'd have to ask server people if it's logistically capable/is easy enough to do, but they're pretty busy as is.

Dirka
03-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Let's just get rid of it so we never have these threads again

Kamis
03-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I haven't looked at this specific mod you want yet and when I have time I will, but some back story, for new people.

"About every 2-6 months someone comes up with a new thing we could do with server 2. This switches between serious business, public server, sometimes silly business, and maybe some other ideas such as this.

This new idea will gain a lot of support in the community, so hesitantly the server team will change to this new mod or gameplay type. Then the server will remain as empty as it was before the change."

So, you can see why I'm reluctant to make another major change to the server. Even if we can get a huge amount of the community to say they will use it, like they did with changing to serious business a few months ago, I have a hard time believing that the server will actually be used more often.

That all being said, I'll look into this and see if it could happen.

No-eye-deer
03-07-2012, 02:44 PM
In regards to the someone suggests somethign new every few months

It's true! I've done it myself! :P

Kamis
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Suggestions and changes don't bug me. I love suggestions and people wanting to improve the server.

What I dislike though is people who say they want the change and will help fill the server after the change and yet the server is still empty a large majority of the time.

B-Ferret
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I honestly feel we should make the server work for events and shit as flawless as possible. During our match it was embarassing to have the wrong config used and then it crashing when we started going again. From what Simcaster told me it is because the server is used as a public server which makes configs act strangely.

I almost never see people playing on it, so I don't see a reason why we can't just keep it passworded and set up for events/matches/lobbies/etc.

No-eye-deer
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Knowingly uses a server that crashes sometimes, gets embarassed.

Squidulosous
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
So, you can see why I'm reluctant to make another major change to the server. Even if we can get a huge amount of the community to say they will use it, like they did with changing to serious business a few months ago, I have a hard time believing that the server will actually be used more often.

Fair point.

B-Ferret
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Knowingly uses a server that crashes sometimes, gets embarassed.
It is still embarassing.

Dirka
03-07-2012, 06:37 PM
The solution to this and other problems lies in my signature

TheSexyAlbexican
03-08-2012, 02:21 AM
Sure, Dirka. I agree, but let's use the little money that goes in to just make the Events Server great. Let's get rid of the second server as a public server: Make it a better Events Server. That's what we need. Filling up Pub 1 is enough of a hassle sometimes; we don't need to overexert ourselves, especially if our community isn't getting any bigger. This is the way things are, we should adjust accordingly.

Dirka
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Sounds good to me