So I just mentioned in a post about not having a main anymore and it made me realize that while I don't have a single champion that I focus on, I still like to at least focus on a couple champions per archetype. I'd like to see what you guys have been up to with champs, so I'll get us rolling.
Feel free to update with new posts if you sub in new champs, and if you want to mention more archetypes (sub-types even), go ahead and throw 'em in there.
- Tank: Been loving Maokai for a while now, especially since Shen got hit by the nerf bus. Makes for a great sustainable solo top with almost guaranteed gank kills due to his targeted root. I've taken a liking to Amumu though, and he has a more consistent jungle that doesn't basically require I be invasive with it if I have to jungle tank.
- Jungler: Almost always Trundle. He is a troll in every sense of the word and I love everything about him. I'll sub in Lee Sin sometimes because I do like a jungle that requires I pay a little bit of attention, but his role in a team fight isn't quite as defined as Trundle, which is to say ult tank, bite carry.
- Fighter/Bruiser: Tough one (dohoho), since so many fill the roll. Nasus has been my favorite for ages and he's still fantastic in my eyes, but I have been a big fan of Yorick, and not being fairly dependent on farming up the Siphoning Strike is a point in his favor.
- Support: This one's actually even harder, simply because in normal games it's rarely a good idea for me to roll one even if our team has no support. I guess I'd say Karma, but honestly I build her pure AP and just crush people with shield-splosions. Sona is also pretty fun for me, but the lack of Locket still hurts my soul. Oh, I guess I could say Galio since he is technically labelled as support and is loads of fun on numerous buns, with a decent, generally secondary, initiation.
- Mage: It's odd, I used to play mages almost exclusively, as I was such a big fan of the burst, but they've fallen to the wayside as of late due to my increased interest in jungling. Kassadin is an oldie but goodie for me, mostly because I just love Riftwalking around like a giant asshole all over everyone's faces and getting out of ganks scot-free, but I do enjoy Orianna's early-game, unavoidable harassment. I would play Annie, but she's so fucking easy it's not even entertaining for me anymore.
- AD Carry: Miss Fortune, no contest. It was extremely rare that I would play a carry prior to her release, but I immediately took a liking to her style and concocted an odd build of my own that suited me (lot of on-hit with magic pen, but still plenty of physical damage). If I had to make a second choice I'd say Caitlyn, since her early burst is pretty troll-worthy and her late game did get buffed to an acceptable level some time back.